Buying a property
Below are some points to consider when buying a new home:
– Select the area you wish to explore (rural, urban, town, village)
– Make a list of all the features / facilities you require.
– Make a list of properties that match those requirements.
– Before making an appointment to view, ask how long each property has been on the market and how many people have viewed the property.
– Arrange viewings.
– Allocate time to view each property.
– View with estate agent, for both security reasons and for second opinion.
– Arrive on time for your appointment & if you are delayed, contact the estate agent immediately.
– View during daylight hours if possible.
– Ask why the property is being sold.
– Find out what is included in the sale price such as carpets, curtains, fixtures & fittings.
– After each viewing make a list of the pros & cons of that property.
– Do your research on local facilities / amenities such as education, transport, health & leisure.
= If you believe this is the property for you, call the estate agent & put in an offer!